Tuesday, May 24, 2022

On Saturday June 4th David and I will be representing Rockford's Lutheran community at the Pride Month Kick-Off Party in downtown Rockford.  David and I feel a call to minister in this community (we have for years now) and are looking forward to this opportunity.  

We are not the first religious organization to take part in a Pride event, in fact I don't think I have ever been to a parade or Pride event where churches WEREN'T represented in some way.  Recognizing the abuse some have endured at the behest of the church and by some falsely claiming to be doing it in Christ's name is heartbreaking and inexcusable.  But I believe there can be value in reconciliation and healing in just reaching out.

Our theme is this; Rockford Area Lutheran Ministries and our member churches are doing great things in our community.  We are feeding, clothing, housing and welcoming the stranger in new ways, always demonstrating Christ's call to love our neighbor, and we NEED you to help us.  Come to church, or don't.  Maybe you'll get there, maybe you won't.  But will you help us feed, clothe and house your neighbor?  Maybe you don't need the church, I understand why some don't.  But maybe you can recognize the Christians doing the right thing and consider that they might need YOU?

I'd love to hear your thoughts and read your comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment